Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Germ Factory

Daycare illness strikes the Clark family for the first time! Actually, we aren't sure which came first - Tommy's illness or Steven's but I do blame it on school wether it was Steven's school or Tommy's.

Steven has had a stuffy and runny nose for a few days but yesterday school called me at work because he had a fever of 101. I took him to the doc and it is just a virus but the poor little guy had a really hard time sleeping last night. He was up a few times and then at 4am he called out for me and wanted milk. He was burning up! His temp was about 103 so we gave him some tylenol and I rocked him for about 30 minutes until he went back to sleep.

I called the hospital nurse line at 4:45 and she told me not to bring him in unless his temperature got to 105. Yikes, he's boiling at that point. Poor little man.

Thank goodness for breastmilk, though, as Lyla is not showing any signs of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment