Saturday, March 6, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Our first swimming lesson was today! My bet was that Steven was going to totally freak out and throw a fit when we got in the pool. For Lyla, I thought she would love it and just splash around like a fish.


I was half right on both of them.

Lyla got right in the pool with Tom but Steven stayed with me on the pool deck. I didn't want to push him because I wasn't about to create a permanent scar. Eventually I coaxed Steven onto the edge, then sat him in the gutter then I was able to jump in and bring him in, too. All the while Lyla was starting to get very fussy and unhappy about being in the pool with her daddy. She was probably getting cold.

Overall the lesson was a win! Steven got in the water and Lyla liked it for the most part! It sure is amazing though how long it takes to get them ready to get in the pool and then get them ready to go home. I think we spend more time in locker rooms than in the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment