Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day at the Zoo


Since it was Mother's Day I got to pick the destination on our outing to the zoo. This time I decided that even though the kangaroos are my favorite, we should give the Gorillas a try. I'm not sure if I am to happy that I picked the Gorillas because they weren't too nice to us. Lyla's frightful look is because the Gorilla had just thrown a stick at us. He was lazily eating leaves off a stick and while I turned away for a second he decided to hurl the stick at us. It landed right next to us on the viewing deck - another two feet to the right and he would have given Lyla another black eye!

Thank goodness they were giving moms free ice cream to diminish the impact of the Gorilla stick toss. One of Tommy's fellow docents-in-training took this photo of our family. It was a great day to be a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment