Monday, August 23, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday

Continuing on my food creativity bent I decided to initiate our own version of Muffin Tin Monday. Again, not to the level of the Another Lunch blogger but I am new at this. Again, starting with the tools of the trade I found two silicone muffin "tins" for the kids to use. I felt this was a necessary item since Lyla isn't so fond of leaving her plate in one place during dinner. And then I had to get two because Steven can't be left out!

I must say that it was pretty fun putting the tins in front of the kids and seeing them get excited. This dinner was nothing new and really not very comprehensive in the nutrition category but we hadn't been to the grocery in awhile so this is what I had to work with. Now I need to add some more sandwich punches and cookie cutters so I can at least make the cheese look cute and maybe form the rice into authentic japanese rice balls. On second thought, I am not sure I am ready for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment