Friday, October 8, 2010

A great end to a tough week

Last weekend Steven started to complain that he didn't feel good (I am going to spare the details because if he reads this when he grows up I don't want to embarass him). He was waking up two or three times a night and was utterly inconsolable. I spent a lot of time on the internet researching this and researching that, called the doctor's nurse for advice and spent some really sleepless nights trying to console an unconsolable boy.

Finally, Monday morning I was ready to stop being a zombie and we decided to take him to the doctor. We got a prescription and hoped it would prove to be the solution...well, these things take time, right? So we gave it a few more nights and he was still waking up over and over, crying and crying. Finally on Friday I called the doctor and told him that we needed another solution because I was not being a good parent at this point. So a new prescription was called into the pharmacy and my hopes were raised for a good nights sleep.

To add a wrinkle to the plan, Tommy's all night boys lock-in was Friday night and he was going to be away all night. I was hoping beyond hope that Steven would sleep. I mostly got my wish, he did wake up once but we rocked and he went right back to sleep. No crying, no fussing. It was a relief.

So, next time I won't be so slow to call the doctor and ask for something new to try. Lesson learned. Let's just hope I haven't blogged too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment