Saturday, December 18, 2010

Clark Family Christmas

This weekend we celebrated Christmas with the Clark family at Heather and Charley's in Pea Ridge. It was touch and go for awhile because Ava had the croup earlier in the week and hours before we left Kansas City Steven's teacher called to tell us he had a fever. As I was driving him home from school, I was talking to Tommy on the phone about our options. Steven knew exactly what we were talking about and chimed in with "I am feeling better, mommy. I am not sick anymore." Little rascal. I wonder sometimes if they can manipulate their little bodies so that they can torment their parents!

We decided to take a risk and drive down Friday night and everything ended up fine. They both have colds now, and I hope we didn't infect everyone, but it was a great weekend and worth the risk!
On Saturday morning, the kids woke up and could hardly wait to dive into the pile of presents under the tree. We could have lost one of them under that mountain!
They waited so patiently for the signal to go and then they let loose - wrapping paper was flying everywhere!

Steven got a Coon Skin hat, Dinosaur Train, puzzles, matchbox cars, farm set (with longhorns), a drill tool set (with goggles), Skippyjon Jones books. Lyla got finger puppet books, a baby doll bed, a doll stroller, a sit-n-spin, Christmas books...oh, I am forgetting something I am sure! We are so lucky to have such a wonderful family to share with during the holidays.

And Aunt Heather sure does cook a mean Christmas dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment