Monday, October 5, 2009

Daycare strikes again!

I spent the day at home with the kids as they have fallen victim to the day care virus of the day. Our family is a walking viral infection right now. Tommy had a cold sore, I have a canker sore (is that a virus?), Steven has gunky eye and an ear infection, and Lyla has a cough and is teething.

Life was such bliss when we didn't expose our kids to the germ factory. Today at the doctor we saw the same physician assistant that we saw four weeks ago. She just smiled and said "the next year is going to be like this but just know that their immune systems will be better for it". That is comforting.

Today was fun though. It is nice having time with the kids to play all day and just be a family. Lyla is sitting up on her own. We still have to be right there because she topples over pretty frequently but she is really learning a lot of new things. Steven is also growing so much. He knows so many words and is a total mimic. He hears something once and repeats it all day long. Unfortunately, he seems to know the things that he shouldn't repeat and does repeat them over and over again. One of us made the mistake of say Oh, my God and now that is his favorite phrase. It is kind of ironic that he goes to a Catholic day care. We'll have to warn them on Wednesday when he goes back!

2 comments:

  1. I understand the parrot thing. Josh said J.C. once, and I just looked at him and thought "well, there's something I need to stop!" Now he's taken to saying "Oh my goodness"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sounded great on the phone tonight even if the kids aren't at their best. Hang in there - I'm sure the PA is on the right train of thought. Sorry I called just for the help desk tonight - and at bath time on top of it! Missing all of you - Thanks and be well. llf
    PS - if it's any comfort, I know from experience that "Oh, my God" can be turned into a prayer of praise or prayer of lament very quickly when used in an inopportune situation. Throws people off or impresses them as needed. Keep up the good parenting work.

    ReplyDelete